I’ve made this v-stitch blanket once before, so I knew it’d be perfect to quickly get rid of some yarn left over from the kitty bed. I knit as many rows as I could until the orange was gone, and then I went right to the edging. This would have been a baby blanket if it had come out more square.
I changed the edging to a shell edging to use up more of the yarn. The corners are 7dc and the sides have 3dc in each shell, with two spaces in between (give or take where necessary).
This is another case of strategic positioning. Dijjit lays on that part of the sofa every night. It’s like clockwork. I had only to lay down the blanket in that spot and voilà! And she is SO CUTE while just lying there, too.