It only took me a few hours to complete both the hat and cowl for this winter-wear set I made with yarn I received for my birthday!
The cowl is as-written in the pattern, but as you can tell, the hat I made is definitely a beanie and not even a little bit slouchy like a beret would be. I knew my yarn was limited and I’d run out before the hat was finished if I tried to follow the pattern. Therefore, I only cast on the 37 stitches and then followed the pattern as-written using only the size 15 needles to get a nice snug fit. I based the 37 stitches on the fact that the cowl fit over my head with a cast on of 41 stitches.
Here’s a couple individual pictures, though they don’t look like much lying flat.
Go to Tami’s Amis to see what other people finished this week!