I decided to make a cozy headband now that things are getting a bit chilly. The yarn is left over from my Leela armband.
This is a flawed pattern, and like everyone else, I decided to alter it. Some people also altered the cable to make it a true braided cable, but I decided I liked it all meandering. It’s whimsical. Also, I didn’t feel like picking up the stitches at the end and knitting around, so I made slip stitch edges. ALSO also, the button hole was way to big for a 1 inch button, so I got a 1 1/4 inch button and that worked nicely.
Slip all as if to purl.
- Row 1-3: as written
- Row 4-6: sl 1, knit to end
- Row 7: sl 1, k3, C4B, k4
- Row 8: sl 1, 4, p4, k4
- Row 9: sl 1, knit to end
- Row 10: sl 1, 4, p4, k4
- Row 11: sl 1, k3, C4F, k4
- Row 12: sl 1, k3, p4, k4
- Row 13: sl 1, knit to end
- Row 14: sl 1, k3, p4, k4
- Repeat rows 7-14 until your band is long enough to wrap around your head (Approx. 16”)
- End Row 1: k2tog, k2, k2tog, yo, k2tog, k2, k2tog. (This creates a buttonhole).
- End Row 2: k2tog, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k2tog
- End Row 3: k2tog, k1, k2tog. (3 sts remaining)
- Bind off.
Go to Tami’s Amis to see what other people finished this week!