Back in October, there was a weekend during which I had a wedding on both days. I bought two dresses in warm fall colors, and then made a trio of wedding accessories out of a lovely deep red fingering weight yarn (Knit Picks Palette – Garnet Heather).
This was the first project I knitted with sleeves. it was really interesting to start from the middle, knit one side, and then pick up and knit the other side. It fits me really nicely without looking too tight like some other pictures of shrugs I’ve seen. I did mess up at one point so the pattern shifts funky, but I’m the only one who notices it.
This purse was the biggest PITA ever. I mean it. The knitted part was fine, but anyone who knows me knows that my weakness is sewing. So first I melted part of the fabric I chose because I didn’t think to put a cloth between it and the iron. And then it started fraying all over the place while I was sewing. I eventually gave up and used that heat-activated seam bonding mess, hahahaha.
These came out a wee big big on me due to a very loose bind-off. One of them escaped into the wash and only shrunk a little bit, but I’m afraid to put the other one into the wash because with my luck it will felt completely and be ruined.