This is the third bridesmaid gift out of four, all nice and blocked! It was a a fun knit, but it is gonna be a LONG time before I make one again because blocking it totally sucked.
It blocked out to almost 5 feet by around 2.5 feet. If I was better at blocking I’d have pulled it out further than the triangle shape a bit more. There are places around the edges that really could have been stretched better.
I used the alternate shortened edging with this shawl, and was left with only a wee bit of yarn left. I did the bind off the regular way because of lack of yarn and also because the k2tog bindoffs look like crap with the sea silk for some reason, and aren’t stretchy. I did use a bigger crochet hook though to make it easier for me. Hooks are easier to bind off with than needles, in my opinion.
Go to Tami’s Amis to see what other people finished this week!