I don’t really have a lot of pictures to show you because I actually have a bunch of FOs instead of new WIP work. Pictures at the end, but first, a list:
- Made a baby hat to match the sweater
- Finished Lenny’s birthday present
- Blocked Chianti
- Completed a pokémon
I actually have a WIP picture for that pokémon. It’s riveting. Check it out:
Anyone who doesn’t know already want to wager a guess? Heehee.
Chianti will go up Friday and the baby hat and pokémon just scattered about on other weekdays. Lenny’s present…hm, probably on the 18th or 19th so it’s after he receives it. I have a ton of little projects that need to go up, too, like the kitty blanket, the Simply Stitch hat, some kitty toys, etc.
I also started another birthday present. I don’t THINK the recipient bothers to come look at the stuff I post, but just in case you only get this picture and that’s it. And even this little bit is enough for him to identify the present.
I made a baby bootie. It came out huge and I don’t know if I’ll make a second one. I really, really hate booties that get seamed up the bottom and back. My seaming is the pits. You can see it no matter how I try. Good things babies don’t walk.
Lastly…OMG YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS OMG! I made a swatch!
I know it looks like Cassandra stretched all wonky like that (moisturize me, moisturize me), but I learned a few things from this swatch:
- I think this yarn stretches enough for my intended project even though it calls for bulky!
- Will need to be very careful to make sure the bind off is tight. It unraveled pretty good.
- There is nothing quick or easy about purling with size 11 straights. Not even continental. Knitting continental is pretty quick, though.
For more WIPs, head over to Tami’s Amis WIP Wednesday post to get your fix!